Tuesday 19 November 2013

The Unravelling Of Ego To Reveal True Self

What does it mean to go on a spiritual path?

Maybe surprisingly, it's not about deities, beliefs, crystals or angels. It means taking the steps to know and understand the True You. The True You is very different to the You you're brought up to know. Years of brainwashing from peers will set you up with beliefs about your Self and life that simply aren't true. It's not about religion, it's about YOU.

For example, we're led to believe we have a soul (that's if you believe that at all). This simply isn't true, WE ARE souls - what we have is a body and mind to allow us to experience and grow here on this planet.



Mostly we let our Ego (Exaggerated sense of self-importance/what we think we are) rule our words, thoughts and actions and unless we become aware of this and get our Higher Self to take back control, it's hard to be truly spiritual.

It's helped me to put into a list what is Ego and what is Self. Although, making a list made me laugh, as that itself is an Ego thing to do! 

Here's the short list I made for personal reference:

Ego/Sense of Self
MeMySoulAndEye.blogspot.co.uk
Soul/Spirit/True Self
MeMySoulAndEye.blogspot.co.uk
Analytical
Understanding
Anger
Calm
Before/after (past/future)
Now/this moment
Believe
Know
Blocked
Creative
Cold
Empathetic
Comparative
United
Competing
Content
Conditional
Unconditional
Controlling
Surrendering
Cynic
Has faith
Deceitful
Honest
Defensive
Open
Different
Similar
Doing
Being
Excluding
Including
Fear
Love
Fitting in
Freedom
Forceful
Supportive
Following
Leading (by example)
Greed
Generosity
Guilt
Improvement
Head
Heart
Hinder
Help
Hoard
Give
Irresponsible/blaming
Responsible
Judging
Accepting
Jealous
Admiring
Knowledge
Wisdom
Label
Value (moral)
Lack
Gratitude
Lesson
Experience
Materialistic
Recognising abundance
Mean
Kind
Overbearing/bossy
Co-operative
Personal agenda
Oneness
Power hungry
Humble
Stuck
Growing
Think
Aware
Uncaring
Sympathetic
Unforgiving/resentful
Forgiving
Wanting
Thankful
MeMySoulAndEye.blogspot.co.uk
MeMySoulAndEye.blogspot.co.uk

When you honestly examine all that you've come to know about yourself with a view to getting back to the real you, it opens up many a 'can of worms'. It takes some degree of bravery to do this (I mean to really do it - I previously thought I had, but I hadn't come close!). Essentially, you face daily, all your fears and self doubts over and over again until you find what is useful and what isn't. It's like being born again, rocking what was your foundation for years and replacing it with something completely new. It's not about suffering, being depressed or consumed by this process - it's about having the courage to do it with integrity and no other agenda.

However, once you start this process what was once real, now becomes fake and it can be hard to know what to even talk about with the oldest of friends. It can be a lonely battle ground with your Shadow Self (the bits you hide because you don't like them), not that it has to be as there is a spiritual community brimming with like-minded souls for support.

You see, we are all on a spiritual path, it's just some are more aware of it than others, more willing to knowingly slay the demons.




This last week I have been feeling inferior to others. This is, of course, Egotistical (Lower Self). How can I be inferior when we all come from the same Source and just have different lessons to learn?

I know this and I'm desperately trying to get back to Source. It hasn't stopped me comparing my blog to others and finding it less popular, not as well laid out as others, wondering why I'm not able to do Reiki II yet (my relationship with reiki has been long ready, but my spiritual and business side isn't ready yet), why am I 37 years old and still living in a damp rented house? It is all my own responsibility and actually irrelevant stuff in the scheme of things, but it doesn't stop the hurt.

No-one said my chosen path would be easy and they were right. Still, it's my path and I'm going to continue to follow it, as I know it will lead me Home.



The revelations; realisations, pure truth and bliss that occasionally shines through are more than enough to tell me to keep on going, even in the darkest days.

Wherever you are on your chosen path, may it be beautiful, truth-filled and useful to you all. 

Remember, the Ego is not your enemy or 'bad', it can teach you a lot and without it, we wouldn't know our Soul.



Love and light from Lou and her very useful Ego. xx





2 comments:

  1. I hope you found peace whilst writing this, or feel better from this experience. Remember, you are always at the Source, it is the so desire which stops you from being there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mitchell, Nice of you to comment and thanks for the advice too. I do go back to The Light whenever the darkness comes and always find peace in writing about my darkness such as this, and therefore making it conscious. Love and light to you. xxx

      Delete